Saturday 23 April 2011

1 week down, 8 to go..

Ah Saturday, my new favorite day of the week. For a visual idea of my weekly schedule see a couple posts ago. 8AM yoga class today, and then we were free! So far so good, had a rough start to the week, my body was being weird, and I had a pretty bad cut on my finger that was bothering me a lot during practice, but all those things passed. 10 classes this week, first class at TT was Bikram, then we had class from Emmy (senior most Bikram teacher, the only person who can quote "kick Bikram's ass") Brandy (current woman's world champion), Jim (San Diego studio owner & senior teacher) and a number of other amazing teachers! Our teacher from this morning did 1 set of triangle in French! We are still working on getting every trainee through half moon, all 430 of us sit in the lecture hall as one by one we go up on stage and recite the posture to Bikram... My roommate was saying half moon in her sleep last night, not kidding, I had to wake her up and tell her to be quiet. My biggest highlights of the week were practicing with the world champ, Brandy, and getting some one on one time with her after class, she helped me with my back bands, she even pushed me to try an advanced posture called full standing bow! I'm looking forward to spending more time with her, she is so kind and her mom is in my TT too! Another highlight, we were on a short break from lecture and the line up for the bathroom was HUGE, Bikram walked by and said "line is so long, you all pee so much, want to use my suite, I have 3 bathroom" eagerly 5 of us took the opportunity to go with him! I used his bathroom, his little yoga speedo's were hanging in the tub, it was too funny! I took the opportunity to sit beside him twice this week, I got the opportunity to thank him for helping my dad save his life through this yoga, Bikram kissed my cheek and said "cute like a baby" and then later introduced me to his best friend Iqbal, a doctor from Vancouver area, Bikram had me tell my dads story again, Iqbal then asked if I would speak to other doctors about the wonders this yoga did for my dads body, can you believe it?! Since Bikram now personally knows my name, he called me out in class, in triangle -___- the hardest and worst posture for me, he killed me! He says "hips, hips not in line, what is wrong with her hips, I have to fix her hips", he says I can fix my postures in 9 weeks time, I believe him. It is my dream to share this yoga with the world as a teacher, and one day further my own practice enough to represent my country as an international hatha yoga champion, hopefully I can keep practicing with Brandy and learning from Bikram :) Funny stories from the week: 7 hour lecture/posture clinic/bollywood movie night, Sam and I are sitting together curled up with a blanket, I thought I saw him bring a pillow down, I say "Sam where's the pillow" he says "What pillow, I didn't bring one" a few minutes later I ask again, he doesn't answer, a third time I'm like "Sam, seriously where did the pillow go I want something to lean on" he says "Just use your back fat" I sit up to beat his ass and I notice the pillow is propped up under his back the whole time, I knew it! Another, Bikram says he can hold & bounce in 3rd part awkward longer than anyone, he gets on the stage, arms up parallel to the floor, sits down all the way and literally bounces up and down like 40 times, even up and down the little steps on the stage! Also, he called out someone with a big ass in class, mean, but funny at the same time because he said he wants to work them harder to make their ass smaller... Oh Bikram.

No comments:

Post a Comment